Thursday, March 14, 2013

Painting #7: Tangelo Tango

Oil, 6"x 6," completed in 2 sessions

I'm attempting to loosen up and paint a bit faster, focusing on the big shapes, and using a bigger brush.

What I like:
- composition is relatively interesting
- the tangelo--I feel like I achieved some turning of the form
- some of the folds of the dishcloth

What I don't like:
- the lemon: for some reason it was pretty difficult for me
- the rest of the folds
- the background is too green & competes with the subjects

What I learned:
- my first time using Neo Megilp for a medium & liked it
- to knock back the background, gray it down
- take the time to do a quick value study beforehand
- practice drawing folds to get familiar with them
- try to relax, lol!

Onward & upward!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment